Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Why politics, religion and diet coke?

First, welcome. If you are viewing this, you are either a friend of mine, have been sent the link by a friend of mine or seriously have way too much time on your hands. So, the obvious question.....Why politics, religion and diet coke? Well, I have always said, there are three things you never bring up with friends....politics, religion and abortion. Usually, when these things are brought up, friendships are tested and the conversation usually turns ugly. These are issues of passion and emotion.

That being said.....I love to talk about all three. I love being challenged and love challenging others. It is important to our society, our children and the future to not sit back on the sidelines and watch. As one person said to me, "Life is a contact support!" I couldn't agree more.

So back to the title of the blog. First, I like the sound of it. Second, with as many blogs that are out there, it is hard to find a name and third, I figured putting two of the three in the title along with my favorite drink was just kind of fun.

So, here I am. I guess now offically I am a blogger. Don't know how this all works, but, that gives me the freedom to make my own rules. After all, it is my blog. A little about me to give you a little background. I am male, married for 13 years, have three kids, one on the way, am Catholic (a PRACTICING Catholic), a reformed pro-choicer, card carrying member of the Republican party, business owner, father, son, brother, community volunteer, and the list goes on. Yes I have friends who do not share my views, yes we debate and yes I make no appologies for my beliefs. I am not politically correct, yet I always try to be respectful. I believe America is the greatest country in the world and the fact that those who do not feel this way are given the right to speak out publicly is a testiment to this.

Now what I am not.....I am not an english major so there will be misspellings bad punctuation and the list goes on. I am not afraid of a debate, just please check your facts and be prepared to have them challenged. I am not a professional blogger, I am just a guy who is tired of sitting on the sidelines. I am not a radical and I am not afraid to admit when I am wrong.

So, here we are. The world wide web. On my blog the rules are simple...debate often but be respectful. Use of derogitory names will not be tolerated at anytime. Agree to disagree, but understand, if you are coming here, you will be getting a right leaning conservative slant. I have no idea if anyone will ever read this, but frankly, I'm not doing it for anyone else but me. I welcome your thoughts, ideas, comments and view points.

So once again....welcome to Politics, religion and diet coke

No comments:

Post a Comment